Tuesday, May 29, 2012

sarah goes to atlanta

In April, Sarah took her first trip to Atlanta. I had wanted to take her for a long time and the opportunity finally came: a girls trip with my mother-in-law and her mother-in-law to visit my aunt-in-law. Simple.
Chatter over breakfast - by Sarah
Six {related} womenfolk together over a weekend and nothing too crazy happened. Well, depending on your definition of crazy. We only got lost once at night, actually didn't fight, and laughed until we cried and our stomachs hurt.

Sarah did not get her picture taken with the skyline; we unfortunately didn't have time to hike Stone Mountain; nor did we do our usual trip to REI.

She did, however, get to see the BIG CHICKEN and get her photo with him.

She did get to go to Anthropologie (our first time) and not only buy a tea cup but also watercolor with our cousin Whitney at the kids' table.


Such things make her very happy.

She did get to stuff herself with THE Italian food, authentic Mexican, Trader Joe's healthy stuff; she did get to go to a yarn show and meet the yarn moose; and as we all must do when we visit, walk the neighborhood and Pam's yard to survey all of her plants.



I only wish we had gotten a picture of our ride home when Sarah and I were stuffed in the back seat with a box of over-flowing fragile orchids, which as you must know are much more affordable in the Atlanta area.

So, this may have been the perfectly-fitting trip for Sarah after all.

15 comments:

  1. Aaww. :) It's all storybook-like! Just like I like it. Thanks for letting me go along, and for you and Whitney giving me a fun tour. Maybe we didn't do so much, but it was a start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storybook. Good. That's how I meant it. :D

      Delete
  2. Great fun to look at the pictures and hear the stories. I can't believe you all got GiGi to do the leg kick thingy...that is priceless! : ) Thanks for sharing...in so many ways, BBB. ♥ MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was surprised at GG too! I thought it was a dumb idea, but everyone looks like they're having great fun and I could have ruined it by not doing it.
      It's my pleasure to share...sometimes it's border-line selfish. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yay! I am so haapy for you Sarah! I love the pictures, and it looks like you both had some quality sister time! ;D Maybe when we all get a little older, all us girls could take a road trip like that!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl road-trips are very fun. I did my first one (alone) at 19. Pretty old, I guess, but it was a blast and can certainly be done!

      Delete
  4. You need a LIKE BUTTON ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...will see what I can do. I like your commenting! Maybe your comment needs a like-button.
      SDjr.

      Delete
    2. :)
      I could probably throw one and glaze it !! :)

      Delete
  5. I really like these pictures! It looks like you had lots of fun! I really want to go to Atlanta, and even more now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! It is fun to go; you just have to decide where you want to go before you get there because there is so much to choose from.

      Delete
  6. Aww, pretty girls!! Hannah, I think you need to practice throwing your leg up a little higher. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! How lame. I didn't realize that everyone was taking it so seriously. And you are sweet.

      Delete
    2. Doing the can-can is always a serious business! ; )

      Delete